Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've been tagged

Jlo just "tagged" me. I'm not really sure what that means. Jen has this wonderful blog that she actually writes in every day. I guess the tag means in this case that I am to write 5 things that I am addicted to and then tag 5 persons and ask them to comment in my blog and that they write in their blog 5 things they are addicted to and tag 5 more people. I am thinking this is a way to get people to view your blog and to comment?

My 5 addictions are:

1. Adobe PhotoShop CS3 - I can't imagine living without photoshop. This would include my printer and scanner since all seem necessary and work with each other in creating photos for scrapbooking or pictures to do collages with and work with canvases.

2. Genealogy is probably my first love and addition. I have been all consumed with it in different times of my life. I am jumping back into it again and going to continue with my over 500 pages book about my family with footnotes and everything. (FYI: I use the program Legacy Family Tree for my genealogy).

3. Golden paints and gel mediums. The first to introduce me to this was artists/teacher Kelly Kilmer. I had never worked with paints before. I still have difficulty painting on my own (we are talking about background painting here, folks, not some portrait or landscaped stuff.

4. Classes from great teachers. I am scheduled for my first class(es) with Leslie Altman at Stamping Details. Can't wait to learn all that she has to offer. And then there is Tammie Moore who really opened my eyes to the freedom to play and explore papers and colors.And then there is Georgia Lichon, who is one of the greatest teacher I have ever had...and who freed me up and taught me there are no mistakes in art. Plus, she is one of the prettiest woman I have ever met..."

5. My new Pazzles that I have actually neglected. It is the most amazing machine for cutting anything, any size and out of any paper. I just have to get back to my scrapbooking.

So little time and so many ideas and things to do be fore we die! Thank goodness I have many aunts who are living forever and in relative good health. Like I mentioned in recent blogs, one just turned 95 and the other is turning 91 and there are several in their 80's!

1 comment:

geogems said...

hmmmmmm, I have not seen the comment on "the greatest teacher I have ever had...who freed me up and taught me there are no mistakes in art and was one of the prettiest woman I have ever met..."